Please Print This Page <-click NOW – for future reference – Happy Posting..
HOW TO WRITE new Posts/Articles
———————— TITLE —————————
POST TITLE = *Lost (or Found) - Short Description - Location, Town, County
( *title was in CAPITAL LETTERS but changed to Mixed Case 7/9/09)
———————— POST CONTENT ———————-
- Provide a detailed description of the lost or found Pet, stating markings, microchipping, tags, collar, Male/Female etc
- Specify extra details of where was the pet was lost or found
- Type :yourloginID: on the LAST line – enclosed in colons (NOT semi-colons)
****** Note :yourloginID: is a tag, and when typed into your posts it will display all your contact information instead of the tag, You can search for this tag to select only those posts which contain it.
———- TAGS and CATEGORIES ———-
Add TAGS and CATEGORIES to Post
- Add two tags – TOWN and COUNTY where the pet was lost or found, eg Petworth, Surrey (You must click on [ADD] to the right after typing in the town and county)
- Add to applicable CATEGORIES by checking (and unchecking if necessary) the relevant box eg, lost dogs or found cats etc
————– PUBLISH (save) your POST —————-
- Finally PUBLISH your post – find your new post on the site by typing :yourloginID: in any search box
Print This Page
- After being Registered as a member for this website (contact the website owner here to request membership) click the members login link in the header on the right.
- Login using your given username and password
- Click on the heading labelled ‘Posts’
- Click on the option to add a new Post
- Use the Information below under TEMPLATE for detailed instructions for posting lost and found articles. REMEMBER : make sure you ADD two tags for the town and county, and the select a category before you publish!
- Print This Page for future reference
- Happy Posting..
- Before posting an article please search the site using the features on the right, to check the pet has not already been posted by another vet or organisation in your area.
- Thanks in advance for using this site, and good luck with re-uniting the lost or found pet with its owner
- Please encourage all pet-owners to DONATE generously to this site to help contribute towards its maintenance costs and upkeep – Thank-Q
Please Print This Page for future reference – Happy Posting..